Squash and Racketball (Squash 57) Bye-laws January 2022
The Avenue Lawn Tennis Squash and Fitness Club Squash and Racketball (Squash 57) Bye-laws
- All courts are for 45 minutes but consecutive bookings after 5pm are not allowed.
- Full Members may play at any bookable time.
- Courts may be booked up to one week in advance by internet.
- Off Peak Members may book seven days ahead for Monday to Friday sessions before 5pm. Later weekday bookings can only be made on the day, after 5pm. Weekend courts can be booked after 6pm on the preceding Friday, subject to court availability.
- A member may play with a guest on weekdays at off-peak times, or weekends at any time. Peak hours are those specified in (4) above. The host member is responsible for payment of the appropriate guest fee per session, before they enter the court.
- Guests may not play more than five times per year
- Players must wear non-marking soled shoes on court. Black soled shoes or shoes worn outside
must not be worn in courts.
- Play shall be strictly in accordance with times booked, and players must vacate the court at the end of the stipulated sessions.
- Court session times are determined either by the lights going out, or by the clock on the balcony above courts 1 & 2, or on the wall outside court 3.
- Responsibility for utilising a booked Court shall belong to the individual named as the person booking the court.
- Members who cannot play on their booked court should cancel the court as soon as possible, and ideally not less than 48 hours before the court start time, thus allowing another member to make use of the court.
- Where members cancel courts late, or fail to turn up to play, thus leaving an unused court, this will be recorded. Whilst it is recognised that circumstances may arise which make this unavoidable, persistent offenders may have their right to book courts suspended.
- Bookings will be deemed to have lapsed if the court remains vacant after 15 minutes of the booking start time.
- Junior members may not book courts during peak times. Juniors may play during peak times if playing a league game against a full member.
- Juniors and off-peak members may play during peak times if representing the Club in team matches or playing in the annual club championships. No juniors may remain on the Club premises after 9.00 p.m. unless accompanied by a Full Member.
- Any/all children under 13 years old, must be accompanied by an adult, who shall be responsible for their supervision and ensure that the behaviour of such children is not distracting or destructive.
- Players are responsible for their conduct on court and in particular for ensuring the safety of their opponent and themselves when playing. Under no circumstances should a player attempt to play a shot or continue a rally when it is unsafe to do so. Players are specifically referred to the rules of squash regarding safe play and calling lets and strokes. Any player who causes an injury to another is solely responsible. Players should follow court etiquette and treat opponents with respect.
- England Squash strongly recommend the wearing of eye protection when playing squash or racketball. Eye protection is mandatory for juniors and when playing doubles. The Club accepts no responsibility for any injury caused by breaching this rule.
- The courts and changing rooms close at 22.30. Toilet facilities will remain available during bar opening hours.
- Professional Coaching for juniors may not take place at the same time as the Official Junior Club sessions are in progress i.e Thursday afternoons.
- Any dispute which arises in connection with squash courts shall be decided by any member of the squash committee present.
- Any spilled liquids must be cleaned up and dried before play continues.
- Members are responsible for reporting any damage or maintenance issues to the office.
Click the icon to download a PDF of this policy
Please contact us to find out more about what the club has to offer and our membership packages, visits to the club are welcomed by appointment please call the club office to make an appointment.
023 9248 2750
The Avenue LTS&FC, Southleigh Rd, Havant, PO9 2RS
Office Opening Hours
Monday - Saturday 08:30am - 12:30pm