The Avenue Lawn Tennis Squash and Fitness Club Bylaws for the use of the Multi-Gym Facility.
1. Only members of the Club may join after attending an Induction Course held at the
Club by a qualified instructor.
2. Your Proximity Card for entrance to the Clubhouse will also give you entrance to the
3. Members found to be abusing their membership will have to re-apply again for
4. Members are required to take a towel for use on the apparatus.
5. Members are required to remove their jewellery before using the apparatus.
6. Members must not take glasses from the bar into the Multi-gym room.
7. Members are required to switch off lights, turn off the radio and close the door and
windows after use if no other person is present.
8. Members are asked not to walk across the rear of the Glass Back Squash Court whilst
play is in progress but wait until the rally is finished. If Hampshire League matches are
taking place they are required to go to and from the changing rooms via the top corridor
and club lounge.
9. Any person aged 16 and over are allowed to use the gym after they have had a gym induction, unless the person can show evidence that they are a suitably qualified gym based instructor or personal trainer.
10. Juniors aged 14 and up to 16 years are only allowed to use the gym in the presence of a person aged 16 years and over and who has had a gym induction.
11. Juniors aged 12 and up to 14 years are only allowed to use the gym in the presence of a qualified gym instructor or personal trainer.
12. All matters concerning the staffing, apparatus and membership of the Multi-gym are the
sole concern of the Club’s General Committee.
Resistance Training Guidelines
1. Children over 12 and under 14 years of age should only use body resistance and the
rights weights and remain below 60% of their maximum lift in one repetition.
2. Children over 14 and under 16 years of age should work on a gradual strength training
programme but not working above 70% of their maximum lift in one repetition.
3. Children over 16 and under 18 years of age should follow a gradual strength training
programme and it is advised that they should work on a training level of about 70% of
their maximum lift in one repetition until full bone growth is completed. This could take until age 20-25 years after which maximum training can commence.
Click the icon to download a PDF of this policy
Please contact us to find out more about what the club has to offer and our membership packages.
023 9248 2750
The Avenue LTS&FC, Southleigh Rd, Havant, PO9 2RS
Office Opening Hours
Mon - 08:30-16:30 • Tue - 08:30-12:30 • Wed - 08:30-16:30 • Thu - 08:30-12:30 • Fri - 08:30-16:30 • Sat - 08:30-12:30