Changing Room Policy
Last Updated: 24/11/22
The Avenue Lawn Tennis, Squash and Fitness club (the Club) strives to ensure that all children are safeguarded from abuse and have an enjoyable experience at our venue.
This document sets out the club’s policy for the acceptable use of our changing rooms.
- Where possible, groups of children will have sole use of changing rooms. This reduces any risks and potential vulnerability associated with mixing adults and children when changing and showering.
- Where possible, if adults and children need to share our changing rooms, they will do so at different times.
- Where it is unavoidable that changing rooms are used by both adults and children at the same time, there will be access to separate changing, showering and toilet areas.
- Under no circumstances will adult staff, coaches or volunteers change or shower at the same time as children using the changing rooms.
- Mixed gender groups of children will have access to separate changing rooms or use the same changing room but at different times.
- If we are made aware that a child or adult self-identifies as a gender that differs from the gender they were assigned at birth, we will work with them and their parents/carers (where it relates to a child) to make reasonable adjustments to changing arrangements to suit their needs (n.b. for more information on this please go to https://thecpsu.org.uk/help-advice/topics/lgbt-young-people-and-sport/)
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices must not be used in changing rooms.
- For younger groups of children, a DBS checked member of staff or volunteer will wait outside the changing rooms to allow children to call for assistance if required.
- Where no changing facilities are available children, parents and travelling teams/players will be made aware prior to the game and advised to make alternative arrangements and to take appropriate additional clothing e.g. tracksuits etc.
This Changing Room policy has been approved by:
The Management Committee Date: 02.08.2022
Welfare Officer: Julia Baker Date: 02.08.2022
Welfare Officer: Victoria White Date: 18.11.2022
Click the icon to download a PDF of this policy
Please contact us to find out more about what the club has to offer and our membership packages, visits to the club are welcomed by appointment please call the club office to make an appointment.
023 9248 2750
The Avenue LTS&FC, Southleigh Rd, Havant, PO9 2RS
Office Opening Hours
Monday - Saturday 08:30am - 12:30pm